Make the perfect party appetizer with this Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and Blue Cheese recipe. Super easy to make and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
This post may affiliate links. See the full disclosure here.
Super Bowl Party Appetizer: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Can you believe we are already 1 month into the new year?! Where does the time go? It seems like last week we were hosting Thanksgiving at our home. Now, February is here and Superbowl Sunday is just days away. With that in mind, I am sharing a super easy buffalo chicken meatball recipe just in time for the big game day.
This year, the Super Bowl is being hosted just a few miles from us in Miami, FL. With the game being so close to us we are feeling the excitement. While we don’t plan to be out and about for any of the festivities surrounding the game day, I am planning on indulging in some of my favorite festive foods. What better way to celebrate the game day than with great party foods?
The Buffalo Chicken Meatball recipe I am sharing today is simple to make and a nice unexpected twist on traditional meatball appetizers. Depending on your preference, you can whip them up and sit them in a crockpot to stay warm for guests or plate them on a platter for a grand presentation. Either way, your guest won’t be disappointed.
I make the buffalo chicken meatballs with Frank’s Red Buffalo Sauce. I serve them with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced bell pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup of Panko bread crums
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Pepper(to taste)
- Onion Powder (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
- 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Chop and saute onions and bell peppers in a hot skillet or saute pan using butter or your favorite oil.
- Combine your ground chicken, peppers, onions, bread crumbs, beaten egg, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop the ground chicken mixture and form your meatballs by rolling them in your hands. This works best with wet hands.
- Place the shaped meatballs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and place in a preheated 400 F. oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the meatballs are thoroughly cooked, remove them from the lined baking sheet and toss them in your favorite buffalo sauce. For this recipe, I used Frank’s Original Buffalo Sauce.
- Place the coated meatballs back on the lined baking tray and broil for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has baked onto the meatballs. *Watch the meatballs closely as broiling is super quick and the meatballs can burn easily.
- Remove the meatballs from the baking sheet for the final time and toss them again in your favorite buffalo sauce. At this point, I also added blue cheese crumbles in the bowl as tossed the meatballs in the sauce.
- Plate the meatballs on a platter and insert mini skewers into each meatball. Or, place them in a bowl or crockpot and allow guests to serve themselves.
Enjoyed this easy buffalo chicken meatballs recipes? Check out these related posts…