Happy spring, everyone! Today, I will show you how to make delicious strawberry turnovers. They’re perfect for a quick and easy snack or dessert. Best of all, they’re super easy to make!
Since strawberry turnovers can be made with just a few simple ingredients, they’re ideal for last-minute entertaining. Turnovers are a delightful treat to celebrate the arrival of spring. Let’s get started.
Continue through this post for a video tutorial, printable recipe, and ingredient list.
Puff Pastry Strawberry Turnover Ingredients
Fresh Strawberries: Spring is the perfect time to enjoy fresh seasonal fruits, and there are few fruits more associated with springtime than strawberries.
While strawberries are delicious all on their own, they are much more exciting when paired with the flaky texture of puff pastry.
Skip the frozen strawberries and use fresh strawberries to make this recipe.
The key to keeping this recipe simple and fast is store-bought puff pastry. Puff pastry is always the way if you’re looking to make an easy, indulgent dessert that is nearly fail-proof and quick.
Puff pastry is a light, flaky dough you can use in various sweet and savory dishes.
While it may seem daunting to work with, puff pastry is quite forgiving and can be easily rolled out and shaped to your desired shape and liking.
Best of all, puff pastry is readily available at most grocery stores.
How to Make Strawberry Turnovers
To make strawberry turnovers, you simply need to prepare a filling and assemble the turnovers. It’s that easy!
Strawberry Turnover Filing:
You combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, cornstarch, and cinnamon to make the filling. Mix the ingredients and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Roll out (thawed) puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to about ⅛-inch thickness.
- Cut the puff pastry into small squares and spoon the strawberry filling into the middle of each square.
- Fold the squares into triangles and brush them with melted butter or egg wash.
Cooking Strawberry Turnovers
Finally, bake the strawberry turnovers in preheated oven until they are puffy and golden. Serve them warm with a dusting of powdered sugar or a whipped cream or ice cream dollop, and enjoy!
This strawberry turnover is made with puff pastry and strawberry filling for a quick and tasty dessert.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 sheets of ready to bake
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out (thawed) puff pastry to about ⅛-inch thickness.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 squares.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture in the center of each square. Fold over the puff pastry to create a triangle-shaped turnover. Use a fork to seal the edges of the pastry.
- Place turnovers on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush them with egg wash (1 egg and 2 tablespoons of water beaten together).
- Bake until puffy and golden.
- Optional - Top with a dusting of powdered sugar and serve.
So, there you have it. A recipe for the perfect strawberry turnover. Will you be trying this out? We’d love to hear about your results!
Share a picture of your finished product with us on social media and use the hashtag #purposefulbites so we can see them.