This Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread is perfection. Easy to prepare and wildly delicious. Pair it with your favorite chili recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Cheesy Pickled Jalapeño Cornbread! It has become a must-have in our household as it goes perfectly with our favorite weeknight chili recipe.
Imagine a mixture of savory and sweet along with a bit of spice. Your taste buds will immediately thank you for the great combo of flavors.
This Cheddar and Pickled Jalapeno-infused cornbread is an outrageously good remix to my simple homemade skillet cornbread recipe. The same basic ingredients apply to this recipe with the added bonus of cheddar cheese and pickled jalapenos.
Continue to the end of this post for the ingredients and recipe. I have also included a printable version of the recipe for your convenience.
The texture of this Cheesy Pickled Jalapeno Cornbread makes it perfect for dipping in your favorite soups. Once you have tried this recipe you’ll find that no tomato-based soup will ever be complete without it.
You’ll probably see a glacier floating near the coast of the Bahamas before you have leftovers on this dish but nevertheless, as I mentioned in my previous post about my Sweet Southern Cornbread Recipe It is pretty easy to store for a later date.
On the rare occasion, you do have leftovers of this Cheesy Pickled Jalapeño Cornbread recipe, those slices can be easily preserved in the freezer for a later date.
Simply lay the cornbread on parchment paper and place it in a zip lock bag. The next time you want to enjoy, thaw for about 30 minutes. Then place the cornbread in a 400-degree oven for approximately 5-7 minutes and enjoy.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 tbs melted butter, unsalted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or cheese of your choice
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large dry bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate dry bowl (sugar, milk, eggs)
- Pour wet ingredients in with dry ingredients. Add the cheese pickled jalapeno, and melted butter. Mix until combined
- Bake in the preheated oven until beautifully golden