A homemade hot chocolate recipe that is rich, creamy, and delicious. This homemade hot chocolate is made with Nutella and is simple to make.
Homemade hot chocolate! It’s been a favorite of mine since I was a kid and today I am sharing my favorite homemade Nutella hot chocolate recipe.
About a year ago, we visited Chicago where we had hot chocolate from the world’s first Nutella Cafe. Since then, I’ve been in love with the rich and delicious taste of Nutella based hot chocolate.
This hot chocolate is simple to make and perfect for the Christmas season. I’m sure you will enjoy it.
This post contains affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.
Nutella Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Nutella
- 1 pinch Salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Shavings (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- 2 squares Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- Heat milk, cream, Nutella, chocolate, vanilla, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat until steaming hot (do not bring to a boil).
- Whisk occasionally until all is combined.
- Pour into a mug, add your favorite toppings, and serve.
Sunday 25th of November 2018
This looks sooooo good! It’s our tradition to make hot chocolate on Christmas Eve while watching a Christmas movie and waiting for Santa to come. Max is totally into Nutella right now so we may try this recipe this year! Thank you!