Honey Roasted carrots are a delicious and versatile side dish that can be served on any occasion, from a casual weeknight dinner to a special holiday feast.
This recipe for roasted carrots with honey and thyme glaze is delicious and sure to please a crowd.
I love to serve these carrots when hosting guests.
Not only because they are delicious, but the bright orange carrots paired with the fresh green thyme make this a stunning dish when served on a simple white platter.
Honey Roasted Carrots Ingredients
These carrots are roasted with a honey and thyme glaze, which is a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors.
The honey adds a natural sweetness, while the thyme adds an earthy and aromatic note.
The olive oil helps to coat the carrots and promote even browning, while the salt and pepper round out the flavors.
How to Make Honey-Roasted Carrots from Scratch
This recipe is fail-proof.
To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Wash and peel two pounds of fresh carrots, then slice them into even sticks or rounds.
Toss the carrots with two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, and one teaspoon of dried thyme—season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the carrots out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Roast the carrots in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Do You Need to Peel Carrots Before Roasting?
Not necessarily. It is just a matter of preference.
I always peel my carrots before roasting them since I usually use the large, full-sized organic carrots from Costco.
You can opt to leave the skin on if you use baby carrots, home-grown, or thin carrots.
If you have no interest in peeling carrots but want the skins removed, you can buy pre-peeled carrots at most grocery stores.
Can you Cook Carrots ahead of time and reheat them?
Yes. Roasted carrots reheat beautifully so you can make them ahead of time and reheat them later.
You can reheat the carrots in the microwave or the oven on medium heat until heated through.
How to Store Honey Roasted Carrots
Below are the steps you want to follow to store your roasted carrots properly.
- Allow honey-roasted carrots to cool completely before storing.
- Place in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- 2 pounds of carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons high quality butter (optionaly)
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper until they are well coated.
- Spread the carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until they are tender and start to caramelize around the edges.
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the glaze by melting the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the honey, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Once the carrots are roasted, remove from the oven and pour the honey glaze over the carrots, tossing to coat evenly.
- Return the carrots to the oven and roast for 5-10 minutes, or until the glaze is bubbly and the carrots are glazed to your liking.
- Transfer the honey-roasted carrots to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh thyme for a pop of color.
- Serve warm.
More Delicious Recipes for You to Enjoy
- Easy Roasted Broccoli
- The Best Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Delicious Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- How to Make Easy Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts